Friday, January 22, 2010

My A-Ha Moment

For as long as I can remember, I have been passionate about nutrition and fitness. As a cross-country runner and cheerleader in high school and a marathon runner as an adult, I have always been athletic and active, but like many women, I have always struggled with losing "those last 10 pounds."

Through the years, I have sampled a zillion diet plans, bought every book, and subscribed to way too many fitness magazines (just ask my husband!).  I even became a certified Nutritional Consultant through the Global College of Natural Medicine and formally trained for three years to become a Life Coach through CoachU.

I feel like I have been swimming in knowledge about health and wellness, but I could never seem to put my finger on WHY it was so hard to take off the weight. If I know what, when, and how to eat healthfully, why isn't it working?

That's when it hit me. The realization. The light bulb. As Oprah would say, my "A-Ha moment". Plain and simple, a thought popped into my head: "It's Not About the Food, Silly!"

In fact, it is about everything BUT the food.  I finally "got" it.

And, as a result, I wanted to create this blog to share with others what I wished I had discovered myself many years ago.